On July 17, 2020 David Bruno, partner at the Bianchi Law Group, will present through National Business Institute and as part of continuing legal education credits, “How to Lay a Foundation to Get Your Evidence Introduced”.
You can’t get your evidence admitted without establishing the proper evidentiary foundations. In this practical program, faculty will teach you how to lay a foundation for different types of evidence and avoid being tripped up by objections opposing counsel will throw your way. Navigate the rules of evidence with confidence – register today!
- Pick up preparation pointers that will help you avoid troubles at trial.
- Learn how to authenticate social media posts, texts, emails and other electronic evidence.
- Find out how to establish a proper foundation for medical records, business records and more.
- See how to get your expert’s testimony in – and keep theirs out.
- Hear how to best introduce physical evidence at trial.
- Convince the court that you’ve satisfied the fairness requirement for demonstrative evidence.
As part of his presentation, Mr. Bruno will focus on the below essentials:
- Essentials of Laying a Foundation
9:00 – 9:50, David J. Bruno
- Procedures for Introducing Exhibits at Trial
- Authenticity, Reliability and Relevance
- Foundation Requirements for Real, Illustrative, Demonstrative and Documentary Evidence
- How to Handle Evidentiary Objections
- Preparing Evidence and Planning for Admissibility Issues Before Trial
- Issuing Trial Subpoenas to Witnesses
- Establishing Foundations for Business Records and Other Documentary Evidence
9:50 – 10:40, David J. Bruno
- Business Records
- Models, Maps, Diagrams
- Video Recordings
- Letters, Writings and Contracts
- Medical Records, X-Rays and Bills
- Establishing Foundations for Other Documentary Evidence
- Satisfying the Best Evidence Rule